Thinkers and Doers: Resource Guide
Drucker Apps rounds out this conversation with resources that will help you continue to explore the questions raised and discover how you can move from ideas to action.
- Drucker Societies around the globe are using Drucker’s core insights to create positive change in their local communities. Find out how you can join a Drucker Society.
- Imperial Consulting Corporation president Edward Gordon’s article U.S. Job Shortage or Skill Shortage? and his books The 2010 Meltdown: Solving the Impending Job Crisis and Winning the Global Talent Showdown: How Businesses and Communities Can Partner to Rebuild the Jobs Pipeline explore the relationship between education and the future of labor around the world.
- Kim McWaters, president and CEO of Universal Technology Institute, recommends Shop Class as Soul Craft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work by Matthew Crawford.
- The Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workplace is a research and policy institute that studies the link between education, career qualifications, and workforce demands.
- Drucker Institute Executive Director Rick Wartzman’s article Wal-Mart’s Blended Learning Plan in Bloomberg Businessweek describes the retailer’s effort to provide employees with opportunities for higher education.
Further Drucker Reading
To read more from Peter Drucker on education and work, check out:
Post-Capitalist Society, (HarperCollins, 1993), especially Part Three “Knowledge.”
The New Realities (Heinemann, 1989), especially the conclusion “From Analysis to Perception, The New World View.”
Management Challenges for the 21st Century (HarperCollins, 1999), especially Chapter 5 “Knowledge-Worker Productivity.”