Drucker Apps rounds out this conversation with resources that will help you continue to explore the questions raised and discover how you can move from ideas to action.
- Drucker Societies around the globe are using Drucker’s core insights to create positive change in their local communities. Find out how you can join a Drucker Society.
- Check out Andy Hill’s book Be Quick- But Don’t Hurry on finding success using the teamwork teachings of the late Coach John Wooden.
- Portuguese management expert and professor Jorge Vasconcellos e Sá’s book Drucker on Carving Success Out of the Crisis discusses teamwork and succeeding beyond a crisis.
- Boris Brott, conductor of the National Academy Orchestra of Canada, cites Leonard Bernstein as his role model and mentor for learning how to bring out the best in your team.
- “The Corporation That Plays Together Stays Together” is a short video that explores the important teamwork lessons that can be found in both the orchestra and in sports.
Further Drucker Reading
To read more from Peter Drucker on teamwork, check out:
On the Profession of Management (Harvard Business Press, 2003).
The Effective Executive (Harper Collins, 1967), especially the section titled, “What Can I Contribute?”.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Harper & Row, 1985) explores the need for teamwork at the top of a new venture.
A Wall Street Journal article, There’s More Than One Kind of Team (Wall Street Journal, 1992), further explains Drucker’s different teamwork models.