This is the proposed agenda for your custom Un/Workshop:
1. WHAT ARE MY OBJECTIVES—AND HOW DO THEY ALIGN WITH THE ORGANIZATION’S OBJECTIVES?
Participants will learn “The Manager’s Letter,” a powerful tool that puts everyone in the organization in a position to align their individual objectives with the company’s biggest opportunities.
2. WHAT ARE MY STRENGTHS—AND HOW CAN I BUILD ON THEM?
Using insights from the world’s leading strengths-profiling tool, you will explore how to make your strengths productive and your weaknesses irrelevant.
3. HOW DOES MY PERFORMANCE CONTRIBUTE TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE WHOLE?
Participants will identify how the products, services or processes for which they are responsible meet their customer’s needs—and unpack how the value their individual work creates relates to the value created by their organization as a whole.
4. HOW DO WE ENSURE THAT WE ARE DOING WHAT WE SHOULD—AND NOT DOING WHAT WE SHOULDN’T?
“Managing managers requires special efforts not only to establish common direction,” Drucker wrote, “but to eliminate misdirection.” To that end, the team will put into practice a set of criteria for choosing priorities as well as “posteriorities”—Drucker’s version of a “not-to-do” list.
5. HOW CAN I FREE UP TIME TO FOCUS ON MY BIGGEST OPPORTUNITIES?
To clear the way for their highest-impact priorities, participants will identify which of Drucker’s four big “time-wasters” intrude most often into their schedules, with an eye on eliminating the biggest offenders.
6. HOW CAN WE BE MORE COLLABORATIVE IN OUR WORK TOGETHER?
Participants will break into small groups to work on a team challenge. They will push themselves to communicate and operate more effectively under ambiguous and high-velocity circumstances that mirror their everyday work challenges.
7. HOW WILL YOU MAKE MONDAY DIFFERENT?
Concluding our multi-step action-planning process, participants will convert their insights from the Un/Workshop into concrete next steps—for themselves and for the organization overall.